So I was putting up the chairs in English class and this boy from my Biology class comes in and I've talked to him a few times, but he's mainly a friend of Spencer's. But since we're both polite and in Canada, we're like "How are you - I'm fine and you? Fine too how are your classes?" and he asks me whether I had gotten my Biology grade for the Final already.
And I'm like, no, so I think, well, Andy's gonna pick me up at five past four after he's dropped Jenna off at arts, so I go to the Biology room and meet my teacher in the hallway and we start chatting and not-quite-small-talk - it had always seemed a bit like he was just listening to me because he had to, so I tried keeping my questions and things like that brief (I told you I am sensitive in that regard), but while we waited for the Laptop to boot, he asked about my classes and I told him a bit about what I'm taking this semester (he seemed greatly amused by how excited I was about Maths, but the course is really interesting and has the potential to become demanding in a good way) and so we chatted for a bit and then he told me my grade AND IT WAS ALL I COULD DO NOT TO SCREAM AND SQUEAK AND CRY BECAUSE BASICALLY I WAS AIMING FOR 50% OR SO TO GET AN A AND I GOT FRICKING 96% AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT BECAUSE I HARDLY DID ANYTHING AND I GUESSED ON MORE THAN HALF THE QUESTIONS (going by process of elimination and then guessing between the remaining two answers) AND I HAD NO PLAN ABOUT THE SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS AND I STILL MANAGED TO GET A PRETTY HIGH MARK AND I CAN'T EVEN AND I REALLY ALMOST CRIED.
So, I'm alright again - that was just something I had to get off my chest. But seriously, I don't understand that - the test I re-took was still only 80% and I actually studied for it and I don't understand this world!
And then I spent about $30 on school supplies - we need a notebook for both Spanish and Creative Writing, and I took a pretty nice one for the latter one :)
Because we have to write in it every day, and I think it will come in handy to have a nice one.
I was talking about attending a different school when I get back to Germany, but the plans have become slightly derailed, it doesn't work out as we thought it would for the friend I was going to attend the different school together and I'm not sure I want to do it all on my own...
Then I found new friends at school!
In my Entrepreneurship class :)
They're really nice, too.
And then the San Jose Sharks lost in regulation to the Anaheim Ducks (Yes, they're called Ducks, initially The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, after the Disney movie The Mighty Ducks) which means that the Blackhawks are now leading the league (and they're playing the Sharks next, so as long as they can force overtime, they will stay on top!) and are the only team undefeated in regulation...
The only "bad" part of my day is Maths, because as much as I enjoy it, it's kinda different from how we've done things, and there is the panic creeping up on me that I will not understand that stuff...
Seriously though, I spent more than an hour on my Maths homework - pretty much 80 minutes or so, which I never had to do in Germany.
But a) it's a lot and b) I have to draw a lot, which takes time.
But my teacher already has resorted to my German teachers' favourite sentence:
"Somebody else, please" (although I embarrassed myself by saying '1 through 8'. It's '1 divided by 8' or something else which I can't remember right now, so I think it was pretty obvious that I am not a native speaker... and my German Maths teacher has answered my e-mail, detailing what of the stuff we're doing when in Germany - and the three topics marked as 'especially hard' by my English teacher we're labeled 'not needed' by my German one! :D )
Here it is - sorry the comments are in English :D
1. Function Transformations 1. Horizontal and Vertical Translations DAS SIND DIE
VERSCHIEBUNGEN (WIE BEI DER PARABEL),WAS WIR MIT SINUS UND COSINUS DIESES JAHR GEMACHT HABEN
2. Reflections and Stretches DAS SIND DIE SPIEGELUNGEN UND
STRECKUNGEN BZW. STAUCHUNGEN
3. Combining Transformations ALLES ZUSAMMEN, ALSO BEI DER PARABEL
y= a(x-d)2+e DIESE PUNKTE SIND SEHR WICHTIG!!!
4. Inverese of a Relation (Graphs) UMKEHRFUNKTION KOMMT IN Q11
(hier der Graph)
5. Inverse of a Relations (Equations) (hier die Gleichung der
6. Ich nehme mal an, dass das genau das ist, was wir in der 9. Klasse gemacht haben mit Funktionen, oder sogar schon 8.
2. Radical Functions 1. Radical Functions and Transformations WURZELFUNKTIONEN
KOMMEN IN Q11
2. Square Root of a Function 3. Solving Radical Equations Graphically (Exact and Approximate Solutions) 3. Polynomial Functions 1. Characteristics of Polynomial Functions POLYNOMFUNKTIONEN,DAS
IST DIE ERWEITERUNG VON QUADRATISCHEN FUNKTIONEN AUF FUNKTIONEN MIT x3 oder x 4 usw. SEHR WICHTIG FÜR NÄCHSTES JAHR
2. Remainder Theorem WICHTIG 3. Factor Theorem WICHTIG 4. Equations and Graphs of Polynomial Functions WICHTIG!!! 4. Trigonometry and the Unit Circle 1. Angles and Angle Measure WINKEL AM EINHEITSKREIS UND WAS
FOLGT IST ALLES MIT SINUS UND COSINUS,WAS WIR IM 1.HALBJAHR AUCH GEMACHT HABEN, WICHTIG!!!
2. The Unit Circle 3. Trigonometric Ratios 4. Introduction to Trigonometric Equations 5. Trigonometric Functions and Graphs 1. Graphing Sine and Cosine Functions 2. Transformations of Sinusoidal Functions 3. The Tangent Function (TANGENS-FUNKTION IST BEI UNS NICHT IM
4. Solving Trig Equations using Graphs 5. Equations and Graphs of Trigonometric Functions (Problem and Equation Solving) 6. *Trigonometric Identities* (DIESES KAPITEL IST NICHT SO WICHTIG UND
WIRD BEI UNS AUCH NICHT BEHANDELT)
1. *Reciprocal, Quotient, and Pzthaorean Identitities* 2. *Sum, Difference and Double-Angle Identities* 3. *Proving Identities* 4. *Solving Trigonometric Equatiosn Using Identities* 7. Exponential Functions (DIESES KAPITEL HABEN WIR GERADE
ANGEFANGEN, IST WICHTIG FÜR NÄCHSTES JAHR)
1. Characteristics of Exponential Functions 2. Transformation of Exponential Functions 3. Solving Exponential Functions 8. *Logarithmic Functions* (LOGARITHMUS IST AUCH WICHTIG V.A. AUCH
FÜR NÄCHSTES JAHR, ES GEHT UM "DIE SUCHE NACH DEM EXPONENTEN", IST ALSO DIE UMKEHRUNG DES POTENZIERENS, NUR SUCHT MAN JETZT NICHT DIE BASIS (DANN WÜRDE MAN WURZELZIEHEN),SONDERN EBEN DEN EXPONENTEN)
1. *Understanding Logarithms* WICHTIG 2. *Transformation of Logarithmic Functions* NICHT SO WICHTIG FÜR
DIE 10. KLASSE
3. *Laws of Logarithms* WICHTIG (RECHENREGELN), STEHEN ABER IN
4. *Logarithmic and Exponential Equations* SOLLTE MAN KAPIEREN,
KOMMT IN Q11 NOCHMAL
9. Rational Functions 1. Exploring Rational Functions Using Transformations
BRUCHFUNKTIONEN (WAR IN DER 8. SCHONMAL DRAN, KOMMMT IN DER Q11 DANN NOCHMAL)
2. Analyzing Rational Functions VERMUTLICH WERDEN HIER
GRENZWERTE BESPROCHEN, WAS WIR AUCH IM 2. HALBJAHR MACHEN
3. Connecting Graphs and Rational Functions 10. Function Operation 1. Sums and Differences of Functions AUS MEINER SICHT IST
DIESES KAPITEL NICHT SO WICHTIG, BZW. SOLLTE EH KLAR SEIN
2. Products and Quotients of Functions 3. Composite Functions 11. *Permutations, Combinations and Binomial Theorem*
NICHT WICHTIG IN DER 10., KOMMT BEI UNS IN Q12
1. *Permutations* 2. *Combinations* 3. *The Binomial Theorem*
Capslock are his comments :)
Sorry for the capslock and the screaming and the length, I'm just so excited!