Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012

Sankt Nikolaus

Today is/was Sankt Nikolaus day, a day celebrated in Germany in honor of Sankt Nikolaus of Myra, a Bishop in ancient Greek who helped the poor by leaving coins in shoes outside.

And believe it or not, but he has found me here, too!

When I came home from my long school day, a sack was waiting for me, filled with all kinds of German sweets - Spekulatius, Lebkuchen, Schoko-Nikolaus and a shirt!

I'm kind of missing home right now.

Even worse, I have a headache and am coughing because my throat is really ichy, and I felt nauseous and slightly dizzy in school again. My whole body hurts, and I have an inkling I might be getting a cold.
Oh how I hate this change of season! Especially since the weather here can't seem to decide which way to swing - we already had snow, but the last week it had 13 degrees plus and... my body just doesn't know what to expect!


My Biology teacher was ill today, too, so we didn't get to dissect the foetal pigs, which is a shame.

So, and seeing as my head feels like it's being split, I'm going to bed now.
Good night.

Julia

P.S: And I'm totally astonished:
My parcel is already in Vancouver!
It might even be here by Monday! (Well, hope dies last)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Der Nikolaus kennt keine Grenzen, er findet Dich überall ;)
    Gute Besserung - ich schick Dir hugs and kisses!

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)