Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Samstag, 22. Dezember 2012

Three nights left

Yes, it's only three nights left!
And Doro and I got to look at all the shoppers hustling along, trying to get their shopping done in time...

It's not as though we didn't get anything - Doro got a Cardigan (I think?) and I got a DVD set about the Canadian team in the Junior World Championship of Hockey, with the 2007 game Canada - USA on it (my favourite players played against each other, Jonathan Toews for Canada and Patrick Kane for USA), because it was reduced to $10 and it's five DVDs with more than 12,5 h of film and seven full games (1982 Canada-USSR; 1985 Canada-Czechoslovakia; 1988 Canada-USSR; 1991 Canada USSR; 1993 Canada-Sweden; 2005 Canada-Russia; 2007 Canada-USA) plus highlights from 2007s Canada-Russia Series, Team Canada's Best Goals and Highlights of the 1982 Gold medal game. All these games of course were won by Canada :).
And I got fresh shampoo, but I don't think anybody's interested in that...

Well, I came home by four forty-five, so we ate pretty quickly (stir-fry) and then went skating!
I didn't want to come, at first, because I don't have skates, but Tanya said I could use hers, so I came along. The girls' uncle, who was a figure skater in his youth, also came along, and first Andy and I only watched them skate (Andy hurt his ankle), before I joined them.

Figure skates and hockey skates are so very different, it's hard to describe. Since my last encounter on ice ended with hockey skates and on an indoor rink, I was a bit wobbly with the figure skates and almost fell a couple of times - but I did remain standing, in the end.

Stopping like skiing (Parallelschwung) is easier with them - or maybe it's just me getting used to ice. But anyway, I hadn't been skating for a long while, chatting with a girl I knew from my bus, when suddenly a girl comes up to me. I didn't know her, she didn't know me, but she invited me to join her and her sisters in a game of tag-on-ice. Bobby and Jenna came to see who I was talking to, and not five minutes later we all found us in a game of freeze-tag. It was really so much fun, even though the out-door rink wasn't empty, and we had to leave all too soon. But we did swap e-mails ;)
Afterwards we had hot chocolate at the grandparents house, and of course ended up chatting with everybody - okay, I was really quiet (which everybody immediately noticed... My talking problem has gotten worse), because I was really tired, so I only listened.

Well, that's it from me. I'm going to bed now.

Good night!

1 Kommentar:

  1. So ein Glück, dass Du doch noch aufs Eis gegangen bist - klingt nach einer Menge Spaß, den Du auf dem Eis hattest - Pfeif auf die blauen Flecke, die die unfreiwilligen Stopps hinterlassen!
    Gute Nacht, schlaf gut und träum was Schönes!
    Hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)