As for English ... We had to write an essay comparing "The Green Mile" and "Of Mice and Men", and while I am not fully satisfied with my two page double-spaced thing, I couldn't do any better in the 60 minutes we have. And I finally have stopped caring (so much)!
Maybe I have told you already, but I printed out the first Math test my German classmates have written - and honestly? I almost cried. It's so complicated! But then again, maybe it would help if I took a look at the stuff they did first... ;) Sinus Funktionen... No idea what the English term would be. Sinus- functions?
I made my last Christmas present; now I only have to find something for the grandparents, as I will be staying with them come January.
And I might be going to the mall with Babette sometime during the holidays! I would definitely like than. She's one of the fellow German students, living outside Kelowna, though. Her hostsister (or one of them, at least) is a very good student of Mr Derksen's and I've seen her a few times around the classroom during lunch.
Talking about Mr D and Media Arts: Today the first 2012 episode of Muse, our school production, aired in the school - the Media Arts and Drama classes work together on one of these episodes, and it's mostly student driven. This episode was - of course - about the
By chance I went to Mr Kletke's office, the teacher in charge of our San Francisco and asked him ... about Stanford University, as it is a destination on our itinerary - and he told me, that there was a meeting on Monday!
I didn't know that, since I wasn't there the week before, so he handed me the final itinerary.
It looks like this:
Tuedsay, April 30, 2013
- 11:00 p.m. - leave KSS parking lot on chartered bus bound for Vancouver Amtrak Station
- 5:30 a.m. - leave Vancouver on Amtrak bus bound for Seattle
- 9:45 a.m. - leave Seattle on Amtrak train bound for San Francisco
- 9:10 a.m. - arrive at Fisherman's Wharf (Pier 39) in San Francisco
- 9:30 a.m. - arrive at San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - secure luggage - freshen up
- 10:30 a.m. - group split into two
- Group A proceeds to Alcatraz (walk) - return by 1:00 p.m.
- Group B proceeds to Fisherman's Wharf (walk) - return by 1:30 p.m.
- 2:20 p.m. - groups stay split
- Group A proceeds to Fisherman's Wharf (walk) - return by 5:00 p.m.
- Group B proceeds to Alcatraz (walk) - return by 5:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. - group dinner at:
- In N' Out Burger OR
- Other Fisherman's Wharf area eatery
- 8:00 p.m. - hostel check-in
- 'chill' time
- Explore hostel grounds
- 10:00 p.m. lights out
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. - Silicon Valley Tour
- 8:00 a.m. - bus pick-up at hostel
- 9:00 a.m. - Facebook Head Office (15 minute picture stop)
- 9:30 a.m. - Stanford University (guided 60 minute walking tour)
- 11:30 a.m. - Google Head Office (15 minute picture stop)
- 12:00 p.m. - Apple Head Office & Apple Store (30 minutes pic and store stop)
- 1:15 p.m. - Gilroy Premium Outlets (shopping) - leave by 3:45 p.m.
- 5:15 p.m. - arrive back at hostel (pack away shopping) - leave by 5: 35 p.m.
- 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Professional baseball game (San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers) AT & T Park (game starts at 7:00 p.m.)
- 10:00 - 10:30 p.m. - travel to hostel (public transportation)
- 11:00 p.m. - back at hostel - lights out
- 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
- 10:30 a.m. - ferry to Sausalito
- 11:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - travel to Amoeba Records (public transportation)
- 1:45 - 2:45 p.m. - visit Amoeba Records
- 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. - visit downtown (Union Square & financial district)
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - travel back to Fisherman's Wharf (public transportation)
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. - group dinner at Hard Rock Café
- 10:00 p.m. - lights out
- 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
- 9:00 a.m. - leave hostel for airport (airport shuttle)
- 12:50 p.m. - Westjet flight to Vancouver (arrives in Vancouver at 3:05 p.m.)
- 6:30 p.m. - Westjet flight to Kelowna (arrives in Kelowna at 7:21 p.m.)
But it's not yet sure whether we can actually go to the baseball game, as you can't buy tickets yet! :o I wouldn't care if we didn't go - I don't think I'd like baseball, and honestly? One new sport is enough!
Take care, guys, I'm going to bed now.