Important Notice

Sorry, this is still in maintenance!

Hi and welcome to my blog!

If you are a first-time visitor, or looking for the posts I consider most important ('cause I'm posting a lot), please go here or click "About Me" at the top of the page!
Otherwise just have fun!


Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012

Nothing special

Today seriously was nothing special - I finally took my Spanish quiz (19.5/20, which bumps me back up to 99.5%; formerly 95.1%), I missed my Biology quiz but found my missing notes (I have to ask my teacher tomorrow why I didn't get any marks on them; the marks usually are for completion and not content, and they were stapled to the back of the Lab report - the lab report is signed off, but the study guide apparently wasn't even looked at :/) and we had a cooking demonstration in Japanese - I mostly read through-out it, but the result was surprisingly good!
As for English ... We had to write an essay comparing "The Green Mile" and "Of Mice and Men", and while I am not fully satisfied with my two page double-spaced thing, I couldn't do any better in the 60 minutes we have. And I finally have stopped caring (so much)!

Maybe I  have told you already, but I printed out the first Math test my German classmates have written - and honestly? I almost cried. It's so complicated! But then again, maybe it would help if I took a look at the stuff they did first... ;) Sinus Funktionen... No idea what the English term would be. Sinus- functions?

I made my last Christmas present; now I only have to find something for the grandparents, as I will be staying with them come January.

And I might be going to the mall with Babette sometime during the holidays! I would definitely like than. She's one of the fellow German students, living outside Kelowna, though. Her hostsister (or one of them, at least) is a very good student of Mr Derksen's and I've seen her a few times around the classroom during lunch.

Talking about Mr D and Media Arts: Today the first 2012 episode of Muse, our school production, aired in the school - the Media Arts and Drama classes work together on one of these episodes, and it's mostly student driven. This episode was - of course - about the alpacalypse apocalypse (does anybody get the Joke? It's stolen from Muse, I have to admit) and it was pretty good!

By chance I went to Mr Kletke's office, the teacher in charge of our San Francisco and asked him ... about Stanford University, as it is a destination on our itinerary - and he told me, that there was a meeting on Monday!
I didn't know that, since I wasn't there the week before, so he handed me the final itinerary.

It looks like this:

Tuedsay, April 30, 2013
  • 11:00 p.m. - leave KSS parking lot on chartered bus bound for Vancouver Amtrak Station
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 [Travel Day - train]
  • 5:30 a.m. - leave Vancouver on Amtrak bus bound for Seattle
  • 9:45 a.m. - leave Seattle on Amtrak train bound for San Francisco
Thurday, May 2, 2013 [Alcatraz/Fisherman's Wharf]
  • 9:10 a.m. - arrive at Fisherman's Wharf (Pier 39) in San Francisco
  • 9:30 a.m. - arrive at San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - secure luggage - freshen up
  • 10:30 a.m. - group split into two
    • Group A proceeds to Alcatraz (walk) - return by 1:00 p.m.
    • Group B proceeds to Fisherman's Wharf (walk) - return by 1:30 p.m.
  • 2:20 p.m. - groups stay split 
    • Group A proceeds to Fisherman's Wharf (walk) - return by 5:00 p.m.
    • Group B proceeds to Alcatraz (walk) - return by 5:00 p.m.
  • 6:00 p.m. - group dinner at:
    • In N' Out Burger OR
    • Other Fisherman's Wharf area eatery
  • 8:00 p.m. - hostel check-in
    • 'chill' time
    • Explore hostel grounds
  • 10:00 p.m. lights out
Friday, May 3, 2013 [Silicon Valley Tour]
  • 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
  • 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. - Silicon Valley Tour
    • 8:00 a.m. - bus pick-up at hostel
    • 9:00 a.m. - Facebook Head Office (15 minute picture stop)
    • 9:30 a.m. - Stanford University (guided 60 minute walking tour)
    • 11:30 a.m. - Google Head Office (15 minute picture stop)
    • 12:00 p.m. - Apple Head Office & Apple Store (30 minutes pic and store stop)
    • 1:15 p.m. - Gilroy Premium Outlets (shopping) - leave by 3:45 p.m.
    • 5:15 p.m. - arrive back at hostel (pack away shopping) - leave by 5: 35 p.m.
    • 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Professional baseball game (San Francisco Giants vs. Los Angeles Dodgers) AT & T Park (game starts at 7:00 p.m.)
    • 10:00 - 10:30 p.m. - travel to hostel (public transportation)
    • 11:00 p.m. - back at hostel - lights out
Saturday, May 4, 2013 [Golden Gate Bridge, downtown San Francisco]
  • 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
  • 10:30 a.m. - ferry to Sausalito
  • 11:15 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - travel to Amoeba Records (public transportation)
  • 1:45 - 2:45 p.m. - visit Amoeba Records
  • 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. - visit downtown (Union Square & financial district)
  • 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - travel back to Fisherman's Wharf (public transportation)
  • 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. - group dinner at Hard Rock Café
  • 10:00 p.m. - lights out
Sunday, May 5, 2013 [Travel Day - plane]
  • 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. - breakfast at hostel
  • 9:00 a.m. - leave hostel for airport (airport shuttle)
  • 12:50 p.m. - Westjet flight to Vancouver (arrives in Vancouver at 3:05 p.m.)
  • 6:30 p.m. - Westjet flight to Kelowna (arrives in Kelowna at 7:21 p.m.)
I'm seriously so looking forward to this trip, I can hardly describe it.
But it's not yet sure whether we can actually go to the baseball game, as you can't buy tickets yet! :o I wouldn't care if we didn't go - I don't think I'd like baseball, and honestly? One new sport is enough!

Take care, guys, I'm going to bed now.

Julia

2 Kommentare:

  1. Alpacalypse - sounds funny - hast Du nur für uns Woolaholics geschrieben - oder? ;))
    Das Programm für SanFrancisco klingt sehr ausgefüllt, da kommt bestimmt keine Langeweile auf...
    ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. ... if you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair ...
    know this song by Scott Mckenzie? - It was a hymne when we (your parents' generation) were your age :-)
    San Francisco used to be the centre of the world for Hippies, love and peace were everywhere then;
    make sure you get some of the spirit when you're there, right :-))
    lywe

    AntwortenLöschen

Due to incredible amounts of spam I had to put the security question back on - I'm sorry :)